Monday, January 26, 2015

Weekend Wrap- up!


We had a terrific weekend - low-key for sure.



Friday: Evie celebrated the 100th Day of Kindergarten on Friday. I cannot believe this school year is going so quickly. It is amazing to see Evie grow and change into a big girl. I am looking forward to the summer and having more time with my sweet girl. I sure miss our days together. We almost always have pizza on Friday nights but I needed a change this week so turkey Asian wraps were on the menu. Delicious! Evie ate them too because I called them Chinese Tacos. It's all in the marketing of our menu. She loves Chinese food! It snowed that night. Carl loves snow so we took a little walk around our house in the Winter Wonderland. 





Saturday: It was a beautiful snowy morning when we woke up and the kids had fun in the one inch of snow with Carl. I stayed inside drinking coffee. We spent the morning at home enjoying the snow and had a big breakfast. Evie loves to play waitress which is super cute to watch. After lunch, we headed to Nashville Children's Theatre to see Elephant and Piggie. It was Henry's first time at the Children's Theatre and he loved it. Elephant and Piggie are favorite books around here so it was fun to see them in a play. Grace enjoyed herself at the play too and her behavior is simply exceptional! Carl grilled some pork chops for dinner and we ate dinner in the den. Our kids love to eat in the den! I am not sure what makes it so fabulous for them but they sure love it!

Sunday: We made it to church for the first time since Christmas. Henry has had two ear infections and strep so that has limited our church attendance. It felt terrific to be back! I ran some errands that afternoon which is rare for me now that my kids are in school more. It's good for Carl to be with the kids by himself though even if I do not really have anything that I have to do. With Carl traveling for work, he needs his own time to bond with the kiddos. It was nice to get out for a bit and cross a few things off my to-do list. Evie went to bed late on Saturday and was overly tired which is not good even at age six. Girlfriend needs her sleep just like Mama! I came home and we all watched Maleficent together. It was good although fantasy is my least favorite genre. 

That wraps up our weekend! We have some busy weekends coming up so it felt good to have a nice weekend together without too many commitments!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!