Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Daddy Daughter Dance!




Evie and Carl went to the Daddy-Daughter dance on Friday night. They both had a ball! Evie was over the moon excited to go to a dance with her Daddy. 

Carl said it was wild and another parent described it to me as an unorganized playdate. I sure would have loved to have been a fly on the wall. The evening started with dinner in the cafeteria but it did not look like the cafeteria. Fancy tables. balloons, and decorations turned the cafeteria into a pink paradise.

Carl and Evie had been practicing their dancing for weeks. The music was a little different than they had anticipated. I reminded Carl that we are not in North Carolina and shag music is not exactly the norm. He described it as "prom music." One of my neighbors mentioned there were fun dads and cool dads at the dance. I was proud to hear that Carl was a fun dad dancing with his daughter rather than standing in the corner on his phone with the cool dads. 

I am thrilled they had a special evening together! Evie sure is a lucky girl.


* Our weekend was so busy but it seems silly to post about it now. Two birthday parties for the kids, a date night and church. I was thrilled to see Monday morning when everything got back on schedule. 

3 comments:

  1. What a fun outing! They look so sweet together. Steve would be a fun dad too ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful couple! I am sure they made some great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Evie's Daddy is the lucky one!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!