Sunday, March 22, 2015

Spring Break Day's 5, 6, and 7




It's been a busy few days!

Day 5: Henry and Evie sure were excited to see their Uncle Ben and Mary Devon when they woke up on Friday morning. They were so excited they woke up at 6:00. YIKES! Evie went back to sleep but Henry did not so it has been a crazy few days. Ben and Mary Devon took Evie to try on flower girl dresses. Evie thought that was super fun! Henry and I met them so we could all ride together to Downtown Franklin. We had some lunch at Mellow Mushroom. I love that pizza but it sure takes forever to get food in there every.single.time. It was worth the wait. We browsed in It's Vintage Baby after lunch and I grabbed a cute polo shirt for Henry. I have learned that cheap polo shirts do not hold up with little boys. Then, we walked down Main Street to show them our church and then to Sweet CeCe's for some ice-cream. We came home for a viewing of the Lego Movie and then everyone played outside while I cooked dinner. I made Burrito Bowls and they were pretty good just lots of chopping. It was an early night for everyone!

Day 6: We headed to the Franklin Farmer's Market! It was a nice morning although not many vendors were open yet. Our favorite doughnuts were there though! YUMMY! Cinnamon sugar doughnuts are delicious! We walked around a bit in the factory before heading to Nolensville for lunch at Martin's. It was a good lunch! After lunch, we stopped back by the house so Carl and Ben could move Henry's dresser into his room. It looks so much better than I expected and Henry's room is almost finished. He just needs a throw pillow for each bed. Ben and Carl moved the dresser like it was no big deal. After the furniture moving, we headed to Edwin Warner park for some dirt pile fun. Henry and Evie LOVE getting dirty so it was a nice stop. Ben and Mary Devon hiked a bit and then took Evie for another hike. We enjoyed the Nature Center too! I just love all the parks we have here in Nashville. Mary Devon and Ben babysat the kiddos while we went to a hockey game. They watched a movie and ate ice cream. Evie thought it was so funny that Uncle Ben was a babysitter! We loved having a night off from being on duty! Thanks Uncle Ben and Mary Devon! We met Maura and Tim for the hockey game and it was fun to hang out as always. Maura and I just chatted the whole game.

Day 7: We woke up and had a nice breakfast. Then, we played outside for a bit, Our favorite boys came over to play too. Uncle Ben and Mary Devon left this morning. We were sad to see them go! It's so nice they come to visit us!  I headed out to the grocery store to grab a few things for lunches this week. It's back to school this week for everyone. I am ready! Not sure my kids are ready to go back but I do better on a routine. When I came back from my errands, I took the kids to jump with the boys on their bouncy house. It's always a treat to play with the boys!Evie and I are about to wrap up our spring break with a movie. Of course, we are going to Cinderella like the rest of the little girls across America! I love my little princess and know she will love the movie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!