Thursday, May 21, 2015

First Day, Last Day: Kindergarten



First Day of Kindergarten!


Last Day of Kindergarten




Kindergarten has gone by in the blink of an eye! It's so bittersweet. I can barely walk in the school this time of year without getting teary. Evie has learned so much this year! Kindergarten has been a BIG learning curve for us and I did not expect that after teaching first grade for many years. School has changed a lot. Evie learned to do most of what I taught my class of first graders.

She is reading fluently, counting to 100 in multiple ways, solving math equations including word problems, identifying famous people from Tennessee and writing complex sentences. I am so proud of my sweet girl!

Kindergarten is a special year that sets the foundation for the years to come. Evie has not loved school every day but she adores her teacher and friends. She is happy, confident and has learned to adapt to new situations. 

I remember the first day of school like it was yesterday! Evie got off the bus and I caught this awesome image on my camera. Evie was worried she was never going to make it home when the bus went past our neighborhood. Our neighbor, Callie, talked her off the ledge and assured her that the bus would drop everyone off soon.



Evie is excited to start first grade and has already picked out a few teachers that she thinks would be fabulous! Mrs. C has been awesome for Evie - loving her and encouraging her every step of the way. Teachers make the magic happen in our school and I appreciate their hard work so much!




Evie had her program this week and of course it was a tear-jerker. She sang First Grade, First Grade to the tune of New York, New York!

"Start spreading the news.

We are leaving today

We are going to be a part of it

First Grade, First Grade!"

Here's to a fabulous summer and another terrific school year coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!